This website used to be for pregnant and new mamas who love to hike. Now its just a good place to post information about hikes I am going to do for those who want to join me.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hiking in Marin

A reader was good enough to send me a link to page called Hiking with Babies in Marin County that includes five introductory hikes and hints for making a hike baby-friendly.

I have hiked in Samuel Taylor State Park, but it must not have been the hike listed here as baby-friendly, because I remember it was something of a butt-kicker, and definitely had the word "Devil" in the trail name. That's not an exaggeration (It's Devil's Gulch*). But it's a beautiful park that can be easy to blow through if you are just excited to get to Point Reyes.

*Bay Area Hiker has this review, which calls the trail easy. It's got a 1500 foot gain, which would not be easy with a toddler/baby/swelling belly. And coming down that is even harder. But I agree that for a seasoned hiker, it's probably just a 3 out of 5 or maybe even a 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home