This website used to be for pregnant and new mamas who love to hike. Now its just a good place to post information about hikes I am going to do for those who want to join me.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Week 12: Not Much Hiking

Because of the holidays and the rain, rain, rain, we have not done much hiking. During one those days when the rains were unrelenting, I took my son to the Emeryville IKEA and we spent 2.5 hours walking slowly around. I let him play on everything in sight and then we spent an hour playing on the toys in the children's area. A lunch of chicken nuggets is $2. After we left, he fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. It was a great exercise day for him. The place is so huge that I felt like I got a decent walk in, too, at least compared to the 1/4 mile I was getting pacing the hall of our apartment the day before.

I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday, and everything looked great. I meant to ask the Nurse Practitioner about hiking tips for pregnant moms but forgot, of course. GORP has this article (thanks to tom) on healthy hiking for pregnant women. As I come across more tips and ideas, I will share them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home